Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter - Not just for kids!


Easter was always my holiday. Every year I would plan a brunch and set up the back yard to look like Peter Cotton Tail just blew through it. Complete with Easter Decorations, Easter Egg hunt ready for the kids, Easter Baskets for everyone prominently displayed on a table for after lunch, Easter lunch served family style on tables surrounded by flowing spring colored curtains under a canopy of oak trees, horse shoes set up for the men to play while the kids are playing with their new basket goodies....yep fun fun fun!
But what happens when the kids grow up and turn into teenagers? They are too cool for that stuff. Then family moves away and others just get serious and don't have time. poopers! But now: I have grand kids!!! AND I have found out that the "cool" teenagers really DO like to do that stuff - just don't make it sound like it is their choice, make it be more like "please just do the Easter Egg hunt" and amazingly they have a great deal of fun.
The teens in my Venture Crew love love love having fun and thank goodness because so do I! Today we had an Easter Egg Hunt!! I was so excited when they said that they wanted to do it. Everyone brought eggs and everyone hid each others eggs and then they all went looking (scouts honor they did not take their own that they hid) we played Easter/Spring-time music and then they found the water guns I hid around with the eggs and they had a water gun fight. Much fun was had by all and I had a blast watching them. ahhhh Easter....Here comes Peter Cotton Tail Hoppin' down the bunny trail, Hippity hoppity, Easter's on its way.....

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I'm just hopping by to wish you a very Happy Easter! I love your crazy happy rabbit! Makes me smile! :)