Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tues-Tech-Tools


Tuesdays are a good day for discussing techie type tools huh? I thought I would use this time to pass along some computer tips. My husband has a computer business that creates and maintains websites, hosts other people’s websites, sells and repairs computers and other technical stuff that I only wish I could do! I asked my husband if he would help me now and then with this section of the blog...he agreed, but reluctantly. Afterall he could be sharing secrets that actually keep him in business. Anyway, he would like everyone to understand that stuff that I share with you are things that he uses all the time in his business, and though I feel that they are all really good tips, I would appreciate you use at your own discretion.

This week I want to recommend you look into something named Malwarebytes. You can find it at http://Malwarebytes.com and download a free copy of it. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware can detect and remove malware that even the most well known anti-virus and anti-malware applications fail to detect. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware monitors every process and stops malicious processes before they even start”. There is a free copy and one that you can pay for. The one that you pay for will give “real-time” protection and let you schedule many functions.
I can tell you that my husband is now much easier to deal with since he discovered this program. Apparently Malwarebytes finds and destroys stuff that all the other programs he used to use, sell and recommend, couldn’t find or get rid of. I see him use and recommend this program all the time so I feel good about passing this along to you.
If you are having trouble with your computer or even just want some “free protection” check this one out. It really works. There is a free version and the “pros” use it.
Oh yeah, here is something else I always hear him tell his clients: running multiple versions of virus/malware/adware programs will really slow a computer down. Pick the one you believe in, keep it up to date and get rid of the rest.t
If you decide to try out the Malwarebytes or already do let me know what you think about it. Hopefully it will save you headaches…AND SAVE YOU MONEY!

No comments: