Sunday, January 31, 2010

How to put your Etsy Mini on your Blog

I was recently reminded of why I started this blog: to help others like myself that are clueless in the how-to's of the Internet-tech world. Since starting, and throughout my searching and maneuvering in the things that I have learned I now find it easier and forget that it may not be easy to a beginner SO - on the topic of
Your Etsy Mini
What I do is open my Etsy in one tab and my blog in another tab. In your Etsy, go to the left hand side bar and under 'Promote' is a link for 'Etsy Mini', click on this and go to the link and make your mini based on the choices you are given (if you are creating this mini to go into your blog then you should keep in mind that usually any more than 2 columns will get run over because of the size of your side bar in the blogs). You want to copy the code for the javascript version (for use on personal websites and blogs). Copy the html code and then go back to your blog, under 'Customize' click on "Layout", then all you need to do is click on the box that says "Add a Gadget" to your side bar. Once clicked, just scroll down the listed widgets until you see the "HTML" box. Just copy and paste the Etsy mini html from your Etsy page, and click save.
Hope this helps!

2 comments:

Dakini Leathercraft said...

Thank you so much! I'd done it once and couldn't remember how to do it again!

Sorted now!

Love your Blog!

I'm new to this so will be checking in for your ideas and advice.

If you're interested, check out my blog at http://dakinicrafts.blogspot.com/
could always use more followers! :-)

Divya said...

Superb Article i like Satta King by the next afternoon I'm chomping at the bit to get back to it.This is very good blogspot theme, where you can find out the best theme and latest designs Very good . Know what you mean. but You know about the Game which is viral soo play bazaar